Friday, August 14, 2015

Melanie Martinez's Cry Baby Album!

Cry Baby
Okay. Wow. I need to calm. I fangirled way too much since Wednesday because Melanie Martinez's debut album, Cry Baby, finally came out! Officially, it was released today in iTunes. It's been on freakin' repeat at work, in the car, and right now.

I've been waiting for this album since I first saw her on The Voice around three years ago when I fell in love with her voice. She sang a rendition of Toxic by Britney Spears to impress 3 judges. Of course, I had to check her out at YouTube to see if she had any other covers and found some originals that I love—especially I think I'm Crazy and Birthing Addicts.

Prior to the album release, Melanie released her Dollhouse EP with 4 awesome songs; DollhouseCarousel, Dead to Me, and Bittersweet Tragedy. She also teased her album with 3 singles; Pity Party, Soap, and Sippy Cup.  That held me off quite a bit but I was still anticipating the release of her debut. 

Cry Baby is a wonderful album! Great beat accompanied with a beautiful, raw voice.  I have seen her live twice in Philly where she rocks the crowd with her vocals and beats. A very talented young woman!

3 songs to check out aside from her singles: Mad Hatter, Mrs. Potato Head, and Cake.
___________________________________________

One additional cool thing I found about the Cry Baby album today. Melanie wrote a story connecting each song titles of her album. Like, what is talent?! She defines it. She is amazeballs, many balls of amazes, and over the top amazing! The ebook is beautifully illustrated by Chloe Tersigni. I just checked out her instagram (@chloetersigni), and I'm definitely following her now. Incredible artwork!

Melanie has the story available online on her websiteClick the book to read the illustrated story. *Warning: story not for children.



Have a bookful day and happy reading, lovelies!

♡Prys

No comments:

Post a Comment