Monday, August 10, 2015

#BookTubeAThon2015 Fail!

First off, I should've done a BookTubeAThon TBR list, but I didn't have an actual solid list, go figure (haha). I'm the type of person that would change things around and just go with my reading flow.

Secondly, I've failed to complete some of the challenge. I tried so hard juggling work and reading. At the least, I've accomplished 5 of the challenges even though only 3 of the books will go towards my 2015 reading challenge on goodreads.

I will list the books in the order I've read them.

Book 1: Read a book you really want to read
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Rating: ☆☆☆☆/5

Nimona is a graphic novel. It's a story about a girl who was recruited to be a villain's sidekick. Let's just highlight the ending of this book. Not what I had expected, two thumbs. The book has cool art. (I also read this book in one sitting.)

Book 2Finish a book without letting go of it
Selp-Helf by Miranda Sings
Rating: ☆☆☆☆/5

Selp-Helf is written by Miranda Sings, a YouTuber. This colorful book was quite enjoyably funny. It's filled with lots of advice Miranda would totally give. She even gave us activities.

Book 3Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Rating: ☆☆☆☆¾/5

Love Letters to the Dead was a very beautifully written story. It reminded me of Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower (one of my favorite read books of this year) because of the letter structure instead of actual chapters. The story is about a teenage girl, Laurel, losing her big sister, May. Laurel tried to be strong and more like her perfect, fearless sister, but throughout the book, Laurel came undone as she finds herself and finally becomes herself. I shed tears reading this one.
picture source
Book 4Read a book with blue on the cover
Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Rating: ☆☆/5

Fairest is Levana's story. I started reading the Lunar Chronicles in the beginning of this year and I am highly anticipating Winter to come. Through this book, I've come to find out that Levana is batshit crazy and she can't be fixed. Her life was sad but she puts it upon herself to make it unbearable. But of course, fans of the Lunar Chronicles should get this book.

Book 5: Read the last book you acquired
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Rating: ☆☆½/5

Cruel Beauty is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It's definitely not your typical Beauty though. She has a twin and she's a very dark character. I fell in love with the Beast in this book. For a demon lord, he's caring and a sweetheart. This was my first Beauty and the Beast retelling read.

I didn't complete read someone else's favourite book and read seven books. I will try again next year! I did complete last year, but I had a week off from work because I had taken my top wisdom teeth out.

Time for chillaxing read without deadlines. Whew.

Have a bookful day and happy reading, lovelies!

♡Prys

No comments:

Post a Comment