Tuesday, March 3, 2015

FMS Review | My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

Hey, hi, hello!

Fill My Shelf episode 4 is up on the Tube. It's a review of my fourth read for 2015 releases, a debut novel by Jasmine Warga called My Heart and Other Black Holes.


My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Publication Date: February 10, 2015
My Rating: ☆☆☆/5

I read this whole book in one sitting on a Saturday, Valentine's Day to be exact. While I did like some aspects of the book, I found this book to be quite rushed.

I was intrigued by the concept of My Heart and Other Black Holes (MHAOBH for short). I wanted to see how Warga would tackle a topic such as teen suicide pact in the book. The book was too romance driven for me, so if you want a book that makes you giddy for love, this book is it and the main character Asyel's feelings will speak to you.

I did think the book was way too rushed. Some characters that I thought would be a huge factor to the story didn't have any voice at all. The build up in the beginning about Asyel's father was anti-climatic. I didn't feel like I was involved in Asyel's family life or personal life, but instead it was about her L♡VE life, which saved her in many ways.

However if you just break the story and take MHAOBH's romantic aspects, it is such a cute story—the way Asyel fell for Roman is just too adorable.

For further breakdown of the book, you guys can check out my Goodreads review here, where I list the pros and cons of the book and my spoilery thoughts!


Have a bookful day and happy reading, lovelies!

♡Prys

No comments:

Post a Comment